What I Eat in a Week on Keto

Starting keto can be overwhelming. It was a total reboot of how and what I eat. I will be honest, at first it was challenging, I was hungry and carving all the sugars and carbs. Just push through. Another challenging part of keto was coming up with meals and snacks that not only were delicious but also easy. I am going to show you what I eat in a typical week, on keto you do try to space your meals out. I typically try to not eat for a 12 hour period, so I really do not eat breakfast and try to keep snacking to a minimum. The good thing about keto, is that you stay full longer so not eating as many times a day is not that difficult. If I do eat breakfast it is typically just a couple eggs and bacon or sausage.

  • Dinners 
    • White chicken soup, this dish is SO good and super easy. Chicken, salsa Verde, butter, chicken broth, heavy cream, and cheese! Its that simple! I throw a couple low carb tortillas in the oven and throw them on top for some crunch!
    • No noodle spaghetti, hits the craving! We cook up some zoodles and add them in! This is such an easy meal! Just buy a low sugar sauce, some ground beef and bam!
    • Chicken Salad! 
    • Chicken Nachos with no chips! This has been one of my go to dishes! Just chicken, cheese, salsa, and sour cream. It is so good!
    • Cheese Fries! What?? Yes! Instead of fries I use chicken and it totally hits the craving! I top shredded chicken with cheese and bacon then dip in ranch!
    • Beef & Broccoli. This is probably my favorite meals on keto. We buy beef strips and then cook them in teriyaki and add broccoli. It is terrific. 



  • Snacks
    • Zucchini chips. We love these. I thinly slice zucchini and cover them with butter and parmesan cheese. Bake them till crispy and enjoy!
    • Salads!
    • Parsnip chips and hummus, I buy these from trader joes and they are so GOOD!
    • Cherry berries, just a cherry blend from the frozen aisle. 
    • Chocolate for when you can not kick the craving. I make my own, I use cacao powder, peanut butter, and chocolate almond milk. I put it in a sauce pan and then freeze it. I also use this as a topping on berries some time as well. 

  • EVERYDAY
    • I take supplements and vitamins everyday, if you want that info please let me know
    • I drink tons of water, Zevia, and sugar free juices. 
As I always say, I am no expert! I just love keto and what it has done for me! I am now down 30 pounds since the end of August and do not have any plans of stopping ! Please let me know if you have any questions and what you ate this past week on keto!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Keto Grocery List

How I have Lost Twenty Pounds On Keto