How I have Lost Twenty Pounds On Keto

Right after my birthday I decided to start a new diet, KETO! I have done diets in the past, and nothing worked. Counting calories just didn't work for me, it was boring food, I was hungry, and it was not fun. Well, I love KETO! I do what they call lazy keto and eat between 20 - 40 carbs a day. You may be thinking what do carbs matter? Well you see that was my problem too. I did not realize how bad carbs were for me until I stopped eating them and saw the results. I have been eating food I love and have lost 20 pounds in a little over a month. On keto you eat LOW carbs, MODERATE protein, and HIGH fat.

  • Keto is all about limited carbs. These are sugars, breads, pasta, potatoes, most processed foods, and more. It is also important to look at the net carbs of a product, this is the carb count subtracted by the fiber. Carbs do fuel our body, but for most of us we already have excess fuel and should be burning that rather then adding more carbs. Also, are bodies run better on fat are able to burn more fat by eliminating carbs. 

  • So how are you going to LOOSE weight while eat a lot of fat? Well we are going to eat healthy fat, olive oil, butter, cheese, sour cream, and coconut oil are all great options. Not only do they up your fat intake, they are great additions to meals and make eating keto delicious. Eating this fat also keeps you full longer and kicks cravings. 

  • How to be effective: Prepare yourself, clean out your pantry and fridge get rid of all carb loaded items and start fresh. You don't have to spend a lot, buy a variety of proteins. Buy cheese, a variety of meats, green veggies, and keto baking supplies. Plan meals that you know you love. Setting a menu with items that you know you enjoy make this diet easier then a lot of other diets. For dinner we usually have a protein and a salad or other green veggies. I love adding salsa or guac to my meals to make them even more delicious. Below are photos of some keto options that are so easy and enjoyable. Almond flour is a must and can be used for everything, from fried chicken to chocolate cake! If you would like a link to affordable almond flour click on my amazon link in the left corner!

  • Please if you have any questions about keto, ask! This has been a life style change for me that I plan on implementing for years to come. I am by no means a pro, I do not do strict keto and still allow myself carbs here and there. For more scientific research on the keto diet I suggest you watching the Magic Pill on Netflix! There are so many benefits other than weight loss that come with the ketogenic diet. Leave a comment below on whether or not you would try the keto diet! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What I Eat in a Week on Keto

How To Get Free Stuff

My Keto Grocery List