Decorating for Fall on a Budget

Fall is upon us and I am just as excited as all the other pumpkin spice drinking, fuzzy sock wearing, pumpkin patch going girls out there! One of my favorite things about fall is decorating for it. Putting out a few pumpkins and fall scented candles can really get me excited for the season upon us. With that being said, decorating can be expensive when added to all the cost that come with adulthood. Here are a few tips I have for those wanting to be a little festive this fall!
  • If you are shopping somewhere like Hobby Lobby or Michael's for décor, only buy it if it is ATLEAST 40% off. If it isn't to that discount yet, it will be! Its also usually cheaper to wait for that discount on their items then buy at places like Walmart or Target! The items below were all under $3!
  • Secondly, check out the Dollar spot at Target early in the season and keep checking back! They are constantly rotating and getting new things in the dollar spot. Also, during the holidays they tend to put some of the "Dollar Spot" Items in with seasonal isles! Be prepared to look through the area though because sometimes the good stuff is hidden behind other items! The items below were all found in the Dollar Spot and between $1-$3! (the candle was $3 at Hobby Lobby) 
  • Another tip is to add some festive items in with your regular décor. I love this because it really brings your home together. I don't want my house to look like a haunted house or craft store but I do want it to feel festive and trendy. Switching out a couple existing décor pieces in your home with fall items can be super cute and also affordable! This is how I typically use larger seasonal items I have. Lastly, after a season passes I hit up my fav stores and get great discounts on the pieces I had my eye on but couldn't justify buying for $40. The two fall pieces I added to my accent wall were both 70% off and ended up only being a couple dollars a piece at Hobby Lobby last year. 
    I hope my post made you even more excited for the season and if you haven't already put out some décor, that you will now. Sometimes living on your own, as a couple, or even in a dorm room can make the seasons feel not as special. Sprucing up your area can really put some pep in your step and get you excited for all the fall has to offer. As they say here in Oklahoma, Happy Fall Y'all!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What I Eat in a Week on Keto

My Keto Grocery List

How I have Lost Twenty Pounds On Keto