Keto at Christmas

Keto! If you want to loose weight and you have not tried keto, you are missing out! If you want to know the nitty gritty about how I do Keto and have been so successful at it please checkout my "How I Lost 20 Pounds on Keto" post. I have now been on Keto four five months and have no plans of stopping. It is something that I have decided to be a lifestyle change. With that comes challenges and one huge challenge is the Holidays and all the delicious food they are filled with. So how do I stay on track while celebrating the best time of the year? Lets find out. 




  • MODERATION!! I will preach this all day long. If it was not for balance in this diet I simply would not be successful or happy. Both keys, in making a better you. Starting this diet I knew if I wanted it to work I would have to still enjoy food. I did not want to eat brown rice and spinach all day. On the other hand my relationship with food had to change. I love cookies, pies, and fried foods as much as anyone else but I had to stop consuming them in huge portions. I have learned that I do not like feeling deprived and that feeling leads me to binging on foods that are not good for me. So what I do is eat only a half of a cookie or just a couple fried potatoes. Feeling that control over both saying "yes I can" and "I need to stop" has been key in my success.

  • Do NOT let your "diet" be the topic at every meal. Do not put a scope over the way you eat. This is not healthy for you or those around you. It makes you question your way of eating and forces you compare your food to others. Talk about how good it is but not how it is different.

  • Surround yourself with healthy options. This is vital, if it is not available you will not eat it! Always give yourself alternatives that you actually enjoy. If you know there will be a tone of amazing deserts bring a bag of your favorite keto treat. This way you do not feel deprived but are still sticking to your plan. Always have water. Water intake is hard for me, put it is key in loosing weight. If you are always carrying around water you are much more likely to drink it. 
Those are some of my best tips on how to survive the holidays while on keto. It may seem hard to tackle or you may even feel like giving it up while you celebrate the holidays but I know you can do it! Just think of how good you will look and feel next Christmas if you stick with it right now! Happy Holidays! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What I Eat in a Week on Keto

My Keto Grocery List

How I have Lost Twenty Pounds On Keto